National Teaching School
Perseid School and Cricket Green School were recognised as National Teaching Schools in March 2012. Together, both schools form the Merton Special Teaching Alliance (MSTA).
The Merton Special Teaching Alliance serves local schools by offering:
- Initial Teaching Training
We offer teaching practice placements for PGCE and BA QTS student teachers, specialist option tuition for PGCE students and a successful School Direct Programme.
- Research Development
We carry out practitioner enquiry and research in order to enhance teaching and learning for learners with a wide range of special educational needs.
- Leadership Development
We provide leadership programmes and opportunities to enable experienced teachers to develop their leadership skills.
- School to School Support
We provide expert school-to-school support for member schools and for schools outside the Alliance.
- Continuous Professional Development
We have developed a comprehensive programme of courses and conferences to enhance teaching and learning.
Our working practices are:
- Solution-focused and driven by outcomes
- Committed to providing opportunities for schools to contribute and receive where opportunities can, in effect, become cost neutral
- Committed to providing sustainable staffing structures so that the main strategic partners can find resources to invest in this work
- Committed to a sustainable model whereby the TSA can continue to function independently of any funding streams made available